While we all are not as stylish as Audrey on our travels, it has occurred to me recently, how far our standards have slipped.
Once upon a time people dressed up to travel on a plane and it was quite an occasion. On a recent international flight I took some time to work out the perfect outfit for plane travel. The balance of comfort and style.
Here are my tips to arriving looking fresh and stylish while still being as comfortable as possible on a long flight.
1. Black leggings in quality fabric.
Leggings are comfortable to sleep in and quite versatile for most climates. Choose a pair that look more like a skinny leg pant in a good weight fabric to hide a few flaws. Zara and J Crew have a few options.
2 Wear a long loose fitting T-Shirt in a natural breathable fabric
3. Carry a fine knit wool or cashmere jumper in your carry on bag
4. A pashmina or scarf to dress up your outfit on arrival and double as an extra layer for warmth
5. Slip on comfortable shoes.
5. Finish with a light weight trench coat for a tailored arrival.
6. A smart carry on bag with zip-top can be stored under the seat and carry all those things you may need on the flight. The Longchamp La Pilage is perfect or like Audrey, the LV Speedy.
An example of my travelling outfit which can take me from a cold climate to a warm destination and back.