Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Candlelit

Hurricane lamps are my all time favourite. I have many in my living room and love the glow they give to a room. I immediately relax when I dim the lights and light my candles.



Try mixing all shapes and sizes together for great effect.



I love this fire place by Ralph Lauren, although,I have to say the fire hazard of this kind of abundant and unprotected flame is a bit on the scary side.




If you don't own candlesticks or hurricanes, try being inventive with some glass bottles. Even pretty glasses with tealights can look great. In my shop, Cottle House we have loads of candles and candleholders. New arrivals of scented candles from Glasshouse have just been unpacked.





Images via flamant, french country, Ralph Lauren, remodellista





1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally-Ann,

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Is the picture in your header your home? It is so beautiful... reminds me of the house I grew up in. Loved your post on candles - I'm an addict and have then everywhere.

    You have a beautiful blog - think I might add you to my blog roll. Hope you have a lovely Thursday.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete