Saturday, October 9, 2010

Spring cleaning fever

A place for everything and everything in its place


Text Color



I seem to have been hit by a cleaning/organizing frenzy and am blaming it on the weather. Or perhaps it is more a case of necessity. Our home has lots of storage cupboards and storage rooms which is normally a lovely thing to have. Unfortunately it is easy to fall into the trap of hoarding too many things that should have been sent to charity years ago.
I recently read a blog on Acanthus and acorn about whether you are a Felix or an Oscar (from The odd couple). Felix was the fastidiously organized one and Oscar was the slob. I seem to vacillate between these two. While aspiring to be a Felix, I have Oscar lapses and in the busyness of life are prone to take short cuts when it comes to the organization in my home.
Inspired by this article I have made a plan to work through each room in my home and do some serious culling. Acanthus and acorn recommends the following; "pretend a move is imminent". With this as my game plan I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I hope you enjoy yours! P.S. Are you a Felix or an Oscar???
images via 1. acanthus and acorn, 2. cote de texas, 3. habitually chic- Meg braff. 4 and 5 unknown.


1 comment:

  1. Felix for sure!
    Love the images too =0)
    Ness xx
    Marley & Lockyer

    ReplyDelete