Thursday, June 27, 2013

Monet's garden


“My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.” Claude Monet
This weekend I visited Melbourne, a favourite city of mine. While there I visited the Monet exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can go. I was transfixed by the beautiful images filled with light,magnificent colours and images. Any one who has been involved in creating a garden can I'm sure relate to Monet's quote.

"Monet’s Garden is a stunning exhibition devoted to Claude Monet’s iconic garden at Giverny. Renowned as the ‘father of French Impressionism’, Monet was inspired by his direct experiences of nature, culminating in the ravishing depictions of his lily and flower gardens in the rural property at Giverny, northern France, that became his lifelong obsession. Step into the extraordinary this winter for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see these masterpieces in Australia, exclusive to Melbourne" an excerpt from the Nationql Gallery of Victoria's website who does a far better job describing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment